Monday, October 15, 2007
comments on mich's review
I agree w/mich, i thought it was amazing how the writer let us into the secret world of Afghani women and what it felt like to wear a burka. the way women are treated under the taliban it must be a kind of sanctuary to be "hidden" -- a kind of safe haven. and i can totally see how miriam would feel "special" that her husband doesn't want her around the other men since no one really showed her much love or protection when she little. it's also probably a relief for her to have some time just to herself w/out having to be under the watchful eye of men or doing something for her husband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So if I post a comment does it go ont he front page of this blog or do you have to click on comments to get it? Am I the only person who doesn't know how to use this? It's not that difficult, or at least it shouldn't be, but I can't figure out if this is where to post a message.
Anyway, I forgot to say that the book was also very sad.
Post a Comment